Monday, January 21, 2013

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

To me, Respect is being honest. Respect is not holding back. Respect is treating others as though they have the integrity and capacity to discuss issues and ideas like rational adults. I respect you. Not in the way you want me to, but in the way that allows me to continue to see you as a person capable of good.
Maybe you don't deserve my respect. Maybe, just maybe, you are too much of a child to discuss real and important issues using words and ideas. Maybe you want to run away scared and helpless; but I WILL NEVER FACILITATE IN YOUR LOSS OF INTEGRITY. and THAT, is the kindest thing I know.

When I die; its true, I may have burned so many bridges, offended so many people that very few people will show up to my funeral. But what do I care? I'll be fucking dead. I won't know either way.

Meanwhile, in my life, I am surrounded by people who are good, honest, and true; and as I die, I will know that I lived my life honestly and with integrity.

I respect myself and have built a belief system through hard work, study, and constant inquiry. I am comfortable with myself and who and what I am and have become. Its a good thing.

I wish for peace people. And I am willing to defend it (intellectually of course; I don't believe in violence :p), even if that means you are going to run away from me screaming about my lunacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment