Friday, January 11, 2013

Made Only to Kill

Guns.

Its the big topic. Why do people need them? How/Why are these 'weapons of war' needed?

Maybe its true that these things are made for killing human beings. I'll agree. They are pointless, dangerous, and in the wrong hands, they kill people.  I cannot abide human tragedy. As you'll probably come to notice, undue suffering is really the only thing I hate.

But lemme just say;  real quick here; yeah, 100 round magazines have no real practical purpose compared to a 3-round clip. Yeah, I don't need a collapsable stock, or a muzzled barrel. But you know what? I don't care. Why?

The United States has a lot of stupid, pointless things legal. Do you have any idea how many people die a week because of alcohol? Its made to kill people! But when I drink, I feel like a man! I feel powerful, I love to drink! Same thing with my AK-47.

No speed limit in the united states is above 80 miles an hour. Why can your car go faster than that? Talk about a machine to commit crimes, and no other purpose! But that ability, to take a machine, and know that you CAN if you wanted/need to, go ape-shit on the highway, that you can. Same thing with my short barrel shot-gun!

My Saiga 20-gauge Kalishnakov Rifle may have no real purpose, but damn-it! Its cool, and its fun, and yes, it is possible that innocent people can be harmed by it's improper use, but these are the risks of life!

LET IT GO PEOPLE! THE WORLD IS NOT MADE OF NERF!

Freak occurrences are not to be the basis of public fucking policy! It's tragic. it's terrible. The death of those children fucking sucks. I cried. But why not, for a change, try to think about the things we CAN change. Why not think about the dozens of children who have been MURDERED by drones in the Middle East by the United States this week alone.

Those deaths CAN be avoided.

You can choose your actions, but not their consequences. There is no reason to assume it is likely that there is a real way to get dangerous weapons out of the hands of deranged lunatics. NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF LAWS YOU PASS.

Lets choose actions which consequence's we know.

2 comments:

  1. Well put. Just a note, "Its cool, and its fun, and yes. Innocent people will be harmed" I think that period and capitalization of Innocent might be a typo - but more importantly, the way this is structured sort of seems to imply that innocent people will be hurt by the rifle you possess. You might want to reword that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really more of a dramatic pause, but point taken. Rewording...

    ReplyDelete