Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Kareem Abdul and Cliven

As a white, straight, man, I don't get, really ever, to play the "race" "gender" or "sexuality" card. Ever. My whole life I've been told "its terrible to have prejudices based on on race, gender or sexuality!" and I've also been told "because you are a white straight man you are going to oppress women, hold back blacks, and belittle the gays!"

....

you see that, don't you? read it again, if it doesn't seem obvious at first glance

....

the glaring contradiction may not equal, at all, even close to, what its like being told to go sit in the back of the bus... but at some point, telling me that my role in the struggle for "minority" rights is to practice tolerance so bad it hurts, (women are the statistical majority btw, never understood how they got considered part of minority rights...), it just gets... tiresome; and I do in fact, feel like I am the one trying to let the issue go, and treat people reciprocally to how it is they treat me. If that's not what not being a racist looks like, treating each person THE SAME, then I do not know.

It would appear, that as long as my gender, sex, and orientation of people statistically has more than the "minority" class, I should be bending backwards to.. what? Give an upper hand to "them" until "we" no longer are at a statistical disadvantage? I really, really, really don't get what I ought to be doing here; because I have thought long and hard about "right" and "wrong", and work my balls of to be the best, most moral mother-fucking sonovabitch that has ever been.

I assure you, in my case, that if you are a woman and I hate you, or if you are black and I hate you, or if you are gay and I hate you, it has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that you are a bad person.

No comments:

Post a Comment